Monday, October 27, 2008

Purest form of Art


I found this interesting little piece here

I thought it was interesting because it ended up on the internet, gaining attention, and acclaim. It's funny to think what art really is, and if art can ever be 'PURE.'

I doubt the artist himself took the picture and posted it on the internet because that would be very hypocritical. But I do consider him an artist, and I do consider this art because it makes you THINK.

The picture actually made me stop, and think about art itself. I haven't been stricken with such curiosity in a while and I'm glad to have seen it. I guess since the picture ended up on the internet, the artist/s was sabotaged. There'll always be people there to question you and your art, and that's another great quality about art itself, that it can conjure up such great discussions.

Good job toilet-wall artist, ya done good pig, ya done good.

No comments: