Thursday, October 9, 2008

Edward Craven Walker and his Lava Lamp

So I've started a little research on my artist,

Edward Craven Walker!


I have to say the man sounds interesting.
I thought it was really neat that Edward was inspired to make the Lava Lamp by something that he saw, much like our assignment, it's based on a previous object.

The lava lamp was inspired by a homemade device made of an egg-timer and a light-bulb. For some reason, Edward was taken by this, and it inspired him to eventually make the lava lamp. I'd really love to know what this device looked like. I mean, I can't really visualize an egg-timer and light bulb together, as an object.

I definitely want to look more into the origin of how the lava lamp came to be. Maybe there's some interviews I can find online... I'd also like to see if there's some connection between his lava lamp and his love for naturism(nudity).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

https://ibb.co/yXyGWwc