Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rotoscoping Movies

So I watch waking life, a movie suggested by Ying and others in class(thank you!) and I have to say I'm a little freaked out because of how heavy the philosophical content was. There's quite of few rhetoric going on, and a lot of interesting conversations and interactions between people but I'd have to say the part of about 'death being a dream you never wake up from' really got me. What if it is like that when you die? I had never really thought about it that way so I was a little on edge when watching the movie.

The animation was terrfic though! I really enjoyed how the animation styles were different. Some realistic, more cartoonish and iconic. It was all terrific, I noticed that it was enirley done with color and I"m wondering how they did that, well, they probably had a budget so I'm sure that made things easier for them. It's unlike a scanner darkley(also done by the same director) where the animation style is constant but really detailed.

I watched both movies today and I have to say they've helped me think of how I want to animate my project. Now I just have to work on my questions. I'll do some indesign work first, then questions, hehe.

No comments: